Let me list the program elements under the CLF that seem to jive with my view and have direct impacts in Maryland:
- The Aquaponics Project - learn about aquaponics and its potential
- Food Policy Council training - to create systemic and meaningful improvements in the food system through collaboration amongst various sectors – community, government, nonprofit, and private. Almost 280 food policy councils now exist throughout the country.
- Maryland Food System Map - op. cit.
- Improving food security and food sovereignty within the greater Baltimore community through education and financing.
- Documentaries about the food system.
- Community Food Assessments using a structured tool to measure needs and progress.
- Meatless Mondays campaign - stepping into healthier, more humane diets.
- Lectures on Food System Sustainability - watch for yourself!